Endometriosis is defined as an inflammatory condition by naturopaths and within homeopathic medicine. We kinda know that anyways as our tummy swells up with pain, we feel “swollen” all the time and it is like we could stick a pin in our lower abdomen and it would just burst!
I personally think the reason the body becomes inflammed is much like the reason we get allergies. It is an over reaction of the body to what it feels are threats in the body. Our Endometriosis is a little different though because the reason for the inflammation is quite justified. See, we have toxins in our body which I believe is the reason for the inflammation. These toxins sit in our fat cells and are a battle to get out. We can try and flush them and try and reduce them but the most obvious way to get them out is to reduce the amount of fat cells we have on and in the body. This means losing weight and avoiding fat in our diet – bad fats that is! Cutting out dairy, meat and over refined oils is the first step.
Other inflammatory signals are your lower back pain, your sore and aching knees or joints, inflammed bladder and aggravated bowels.
So what can we do?
Well, we can tackle the inflammatory response of the body with herbs, foods and one key supplement. Once we have minmised the inflammation to a reasonable level, we can then flush out the fat and inherant toxins in the body. Great! Lets get to it then…..
Easy Anti-inflammatory foods/drinks to add into your diet
1. Blueberries, Goji Berries, Strawberries and Blackberries.
2. Aloe Vera (better in a juice if you can get it)
4. Wild Salmon (heaps of Omega 3)
5. Mangosteen or Noni Juice
6. Ginger (you knew this one was going to be on the list :)
7. Bromelain found in Pineapples. Make a juice with heaps of pineapple and you will get Bromelain from the natural source.
Some fabulous herbs
- White Willow Bark – contain salicin and other agents that reduce pain. Unlike aspirin, meadowsweet does not contribute to peptic ulcers but instead has a reputation for easing ulcers, gastritis and other intestinal complaints. It is also great for lower back pain.
- Boswellia - Boswellia produces boswellic acids in a resin and have been identified in research as the specific active anti-inflammatory ingredient in this herb. In clinical studies, these acids have been shown to significantly reduce inflammation.They deter inflammatory white cells from infiltrating damaged tissue. They improve blood flow to the joints. And they also block chemical reactions that set the stage for inflammation to occur such as endometriosis, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
One key supplement
Omega 3 Fish Oil. I personally think this is one of the easiest ones to add and you get great results. It also has some side benefits too!
© 2013 Endo Angel. All Rights Reserved.